Master-level technical and tactical experts that support brigade, division, corps, echelons above corps, and major command operations. They provide leader development, mentorship, advice, and counsel to WOs and branch officers. CW5s have special WO leadership and representation responsibilities within their respective commands.
1) Demonstrated Excellence as an Air Operations Officer.
2) Contributes in Flight and DMOS activities.
3) Contributes in the Forums.
4) No significant lapse in activity levels.
5) Recommendation from the Commanding Officer of the Regiment.